High yesterday was 88 ° The low this morning 64°
- Today: Sunny with a high near 92°. Winds out ofthe South at 5-10 mph
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low near 72°, SE wind at 5-10mph.
- Tuesday: 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Partly sunny with a high near 90°. S-SE wind at 5 mph.
- Rest of the Week: Partly cloudy with a chance of showers remaining in the forecast. Highs in the high 80’s, lows in the low 70’s.
- Lampasas Police Dept.. had a very quiet Saturday with no accidents and no arrests. There were 4 animal complaints. Sunday was quiet as well with 3 motorist assists, no animal complaints and no accidents.
- There were 3 arrests on Sunday, as 31 yr old John Mezger Jr. of Lampasas was arrested in the 1200 block of CTE for possession of a controlled substance 1-4 grams, and a Burnet County warrant. A 39 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody for driving with an invalid license with previous convictions, and a 22 yr old Georgetown man was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Saturday shows a noise complaint, a civil matter and a reckless driver in Copperas Cove, Kempner also had a noise complaint, as well as two traffic stops. Out in the County on Saturday, there were a few medical calls, a motorist assist, a citizen assist and a report of a reckless driver. Also on Saturday, the county had reports of a traffic hazard and of shots fired. On Sunday in Kempner there were several traffic stops, a civil matter and a theft. In Copperas Cove there were two reports of suspicious activity called in. Out in the county on Sunday there was a welfare check, a few medical calls, traffic stops and an animal bite.
- The jail log shows one arrest on Sunday as a 30 yr old Kempner man was taken into custody on a charge of an accident involving vehicle damage greater than $200.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County goes back on today.