High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: There is a 20% chance of rain, otherwise mostly sunny with a high around 94°. There will only be a very light NE breeze.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain, otherwise mostly cloudy and down to 73° by morning with a light NE wind.
- Friday: Rain chances are up to 30% in the afternoon, otherwise partly sunny skies and a high of 89° with only the light 5 mph NE wind.
- Rest of the week: Saturday still has the slight chance of rain but rain chances appear to be out and sunshine in for Sunday.
- Lampasas Police worked one minor accident at 12:12pm in the 1300 block of W. 1st. There were no injuries involved.
- Two arrests were made over the 24 hour period Wednesday. At 1:41 in the afternoon a 46 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 600 block of E. 3rd for public intoxication and for resisting arrest.
- At 3:02pm a 45 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at the police station on E. 4th on a Lampasas Municipal Warrant for theft of property over $100. Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. shows several traffic stops in Kempner along with some abandoned vehicles and a reckless driver. Copperas Cove had several livestock calls and some traffic stops. There was a medical call and a repossession in Lometa.
- In Lampasas County, there were a few traffic stops, an assault and a few civil matters.
- The jail log shows 1 arrest as a 34 year old Kempner man was taken into custody for a parole violation.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is officially lifted until September 12.