High yesterday was 77° The low this morning was 100°
- Today: Sunny and hot with a high near 100° and a south wind 5-10mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 75° and a south-southeast wind 5-10mph.
- The Weekend: Sunny and hot with a high near 100° and a south-southwest wind 5-10mph.
- Lampasas Police received a total of 37 calls for service yesterday.
- One minor accident was reported at 8:43pm in the 200 block of N Key Ave.
- Three arrests were made as a 24 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody at 12:05am at the intersection of Water St. and Western St. for possession of a controlled substance under 1 gram and driving while license invalid with previous conviction, a 39 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 12:20am in the 100 block of W 7th St. for possession of a controlled substance under 1 gram, possession of marijuana under 2oz. and driving while license invalid with previous conviction; and a 21 yr old Lampasas male was taken in at 3:30pm in the 300 block of E 4th St. for an LPD warrant for theft over $100 and under $750.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office had a total of 30 calls yesterday, including a theft report, a narcotics report and a suspicious activity call.
- Two arrests were made as a 52 yr old Baton Rouge, LA man was taken into custody for a 2nd DWI and unlawful carrying of a weapon, and a 36 yr old Lago Vista woman was arrested for failure to appear.
- The Copperas Cove Police Dept. has released new information on the shooting that we reported on yesterday.
- The suspect in August 3 shooting has been identified as Alexander Scott Coltart, a 41 year old Copperas Cove resident. Coltart has since been transported from Darnall Army Medical Hospital to Scott & White Hospital in Temple.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas is on.