- High yesterday was 101° The low this morning was 70°
- Today: Sunny and hot with a high near 99° and a south wind 5-10mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 75° and a south-southeast wind 5-10mph.
- Friday: Sunny and hot with a high near 100° and a south wind 5-10mph.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunny and hot again, with highs near 100° and a slight south-southeast wind.
- Lampasas Police responded to a total of 42 calls yesterday.
- Two accidents were reported; one in the 800 block of N Key Ave. at 1:44pm and the other in the 1000 block of S KeyAve. At 8:05pm.
- No arrests were made by Police yesterday.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. had one arrest yesterday as a 17 yr old Kempner female was taken into custody for assault causing bodily injury to a family member.
- Copperas Cove Police Dept. reports that yesterday at 12:44pm officers attempted to serve a felony warrant for Aggravated Assault in the 600 Block of North 17th Street.
- Officers began communicating with the male suspect by telephone but were able to convince him to exit his home. After the failed attempts to get the suspect to surrender, Copperas Cove SWAT arrived to assist in securing the scene. At approximately 3:43 P.M., the suspect exited the front door holding a rifle and ignored the Officers’ demands to put his gun down. The suspect fled through his back yard to the 600 Block of North 15th Street where he was again engaged by Officers. The suspect continued to ignore the demands to put down his rifle as he moved his way around the block back towards his home. The suspect stopped his movement in the 600 Block of North 17th Street and pointed his rifle at the Officers on scene. Several shots were fired striking the suspect.
- Copperas Cove EMS transported the suspect to Darnall Army Medical Hospital for unspecified injuries and his current status in unknown. No Officers were injured during the incident.
- The incident will be investigated by the Texas Rangers and additional information will be released as it becomes available.
The Burn Ban is ON in Lampasas County until further notice.