High yesterday was 84° The low this morning was 73°
.36" of rain was recorded at the airport on Tuesday
- Today: A 20% chance of rain continues to be in our forecast for this afternoon. The high temperature will be around 93° and a NE wind should be 5-10mph.
- Tonight: There should be partly cloudy skies overnight and a low of about 74° along with a light E-NE wind.
- Thursday: A 20% chance of rain is in the forecast, mainly in the afternoon, along with lots of sunshine and a high of 92° and a N-NE wind 5-10mph.
- Rest of the Week: A 30% chance of rain, going all the way into the weekend. Afternoon highs will be around 90°.
- Lampasas Police had a fairly quiet day with no accidents or arrests, though there were 9 animal complaints and a couple of escorts to carry out.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Tuesday shows that Kempner had a stolen car, several animal complaints and traffic stops and one warrant service. Copperas Cove had a few traffic stops, a traffic hazard and a reckless driver.
- Out in the county, Sheriff’s Deputies worked a civil matter, a theft, and a few disturbances.
- The Jail log showed 4 arrests. 28 year old Jonathon Marez was taken into custody for injury to a child/disabled/elderly. A 19 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces, possession of drug paraphernalia and consumption of alcohol by a minor. A resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico was also charged with possession of Marijuana under two ounces and consumption of alcohol by a minor. A 21 yr old Copperas Cove woman was then charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor.
- An addendum to Monday’s activity report includes the arrest of 27 yr old Keith Allan Garris of Copperas Cove. Mr. Garris was charged with possession of 4 to 200 grams of a PG1 controlled substance and with 3 cases of unlawful restraint, two involving individuals under 17 yrs of age.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is officially lifted until September 12.