High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy with a high near 90° and an east-northeast wind 5-10mph.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Mostly cloudy with a low around 74° and an east-northeast wind around 5pm becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny with a high near 92° and a north wind 5-10mph.
- Rest of the Week: A 20-30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 80s and lower 90s and a slight wind.
- Lampasas Police had 42call for service on Monday. They included 6 animal complaints and 3 escorts.
- One minor accident wasreported in the 1400 block ofS. Key. There were no injuries.
- There was one arrest as a 31 yr old Lampasas woman was taken into custody in the 300 block of E. 4th for 2 warrants.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a fairly busy day Monday with a reckless driver in Goldthwaite, and a reckless driver and a livestock call in Copperas Cove. Kempner had several traffic stops, a theft call, a few animal complaints and a crash. Lampasas had a shots fired call, a few disturbances and a motorist assist. Lometa hd a civil matter and a runaway.
- The Sheriff’s Dept. Shows 4 arrests. 35 yr old Manor man was arrested on an out of county charge. A Copperas Cove man, 27 yrs of age was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance 4-200 grams, 2 charges of unlawful restraint of a person under 17, and one charge of unlawful restraint. A 49 yr old Gatesville woman for a commitment charge, and a 23 yr old Copperas Cove woman for DWI and 2 charges of DWI with a child under 15 in the car.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Caounty is officially lifted until September 12, 2016.