High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 71°
- Another .11" of rain to add to the August total, bringing it to 5.16". That is 3.3" more than the several year average.
- Today: A 30% chance of more rain this afternoon, otherwise partly sunny with a high near 89° and east wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low of 72° and light E-SE wind 5-10mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday: 40% chance of rain, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high of 88° and light N-NE wind becoming E-NE 5-10 mph.
- Next week: The rain chances continue into next week with still a 20% chance on Wednesday and seem to go out of our forecast at that point. High temperatures will be near 90°.
- Lampasas Police worked a number of calls on Friday. There were motorist assists and escorts, 8 animal complaints and three accidents. No arrests were made.
- Accidents took place at 2am at N. Key and FM580, 4:32pm at Key and Ave. D and at 6:46pm in the 800 block of S. Key. There were no injuries involved in any of the crash
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office had a fairly quiet day Friday with a Fish & Game call and a medical call in Copperas Cove. Several traffic stops and warrant service, as well as a medical call in Kempner. Lometa had a traffic stop and a crash, while Lampasas had a citizen complaint and an agency assist.
- The Sheriff’s office shows 3 arrests. A 36 yr old Briggs man was arrested for DWI/open alcohol container and possession of a controlled substance PG3. A San Angelo man was taken into custody for unlawful carrying of a weapon and driving while license invalid. A 55 yr old woman from Georgetown was arrested for failure to appear.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is officially lifted until Monday, but could be extended at that time.