High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 72°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 89° and a 40% chance ofthunderstorms. Light and variable wind becoming E-SE at 5-10 mph in the afternoon
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 70°. Winds from the E-SE 5-10mph becoming south after midnight
- Saturday: Partly sunny with a high near 89°. Calm winds, becoming east at 5mph in the afternoon, then 5-10 mph after midnight. A 30% chance ofthunderstorms during the day Saturday.
- Sunday: Partly sunnywith a 40% chance ofshowers and thunderstorms during the day. Light wind, E-NE at 5-10 mph
- Lampasas Police had one minor accident towork at the 1700 block of CTE at a few minutes before 5pm yesterday. They also made arrests, one at 4:32am Thursday when police stopped a local 53 yr old man in the 700 block of Old Georgetown Rd and arrested him for DWI.
- Another arrest came at 11:32am when police arrested a 30 yr old Copperas Cove driver in the 100 block of N. Rice and charged him with driving with an invalid license and on 10 or 11 outstanding warrants.
- A third arrest came at 9:37 last night when police stopped a Briggs resident in the 800 block of N. Key and charged him with DWI, having an open container, and for possession of a PG3 controlled substance prescription type drug under 28 grams.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office had a fairly slow day with 27 calls.
- There was a medical call, a few traffic stops and a crashin Kempner, 3 animal calls and a welfare check in Copperas Cove.
- Lometa had a criminal mischief call, and Lampasas had an intoxication report, a traffic hazard, a trespassing call and a crash.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s office did not report any arrests.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas is OFF.