High yesterday was 92° The low this morning was 70°
- Today: Clearing with a high of 91° and a south-southeast wind 5-10mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 73° and a south wind 5-10mph.
- Friday: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Partly sunny with a high near 90° and a southeast wind 5-10mph.
- The Weekend: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday, and then a 30% chance on Sunday. Partly sunny with highs in the high 80s and low 90s with a slight wind.
- Lampasas Police Dept. received 35 calls for service on Wednesday. They reported 2 motorist assists, 9 animal complaints and 2 escorts.
- There was one major accident.
- Lampasas Police reported two arrests: Lampasas Police Department responded to a call on August 22, 2016 at 5:50am of an unknown person in the secure/secluded back yard of a residence on Perkins Street. Officers located the suspect in the area and on August 24 a 49 yr old Lampasas man was arrested on a warrant for that Criminal Trespass.
- A 34 yr old Brownwood man was arrested for a Parole Violation.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. responded to 33 calls yesterday. There was a grass fire and a fish and game call in Copperas Cove, and some traffic stops and an abandoned vehicle in Lometa. Lampasas had a number of traffic stops, some civil mattersand a crash.
The Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. reported no arrests.