High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was76 °
- Today: A 40% chance of still more rain today with at least lots of clouds passing overhead. The S-SE wind will be pushing the clouds along, gently this morning and up to 10-15 mph in the afternoon. It should get up to 88° this afternoon.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain after dark with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 73°. The wind should be around 10 mph and coming out of the south.
- Tuesday: The dry-out continues with sunshine beginning to come out and a south wind 10-15 mph that could get gusty with 20 mph puffs. The high in the afternoon could be 90°.
- Rest of the Week: All chances of rain are gone Wednesday and Thursday, but they come back again on Friday with a30% chance into the weekend.
- Lampasas Police had a very quiet Saturday. On Sunday there was a minor accident at the intersection of 8th and Key at 4:34pm.
- Three arrests were made with two 19 yr old males arrested in the 1700 block of E. CTE on drug possession charges at 3pm. One of the young males was a Lampasas resident and charged with having both marijuana and a PG1 controlled substance, the other was a Kempner resident and he was charged with having marijuana.
- A second arrest took place in the 300 block of Sunrise Hills as a 26 yr old Lampasas female was picked up on a municipal court warrant at 7:37pm.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a quiet weekend. There were a couple of disturbances, a traffic hazard and a crash in Lampasas. Lometa had a livestock call and a citizen’s assist. Copperas Cove had an animal and a livestock call, and one citizen assist in Kempner.
- Four arrests were reported over the weekend by the Sheriff’s Department. A 49 yr old Lampasas Man was arrested and charged with 2 failure to appear charges, and possession of drug paraphernalia. A San Saba man, 52 years of age was arrested for DWI and no drivers license. At 3:04pm Saturday, a 19 yr old Kempner man was taken into custody for Aggravated assault w/ weapon, abandoning or endangering a child, assault on a family member and resisting arrest. A 21 yr old LagoVista man was taken into custody for possession of marijuana, and driving with an invalid license.
- Copperas Cove Police arrested two young males on Friday afternoon who are being charged with recent aggravated robberies in that city. The two men, one 23 and the other 25, were charged with 5 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated robbery. The robberies had occurred between the 22nd of June and the 18th of August.
- Cove Police had been investigating the robberies for some time and were searching for the suspects when they identified them in a traffic stop.
- Burnet Sheriff's Dept. and Hill Country Crimestoppers are looking for help on a vehicle theft case where someone stole a red 2003 Ford F10 pickup at the Hoover Valley store on Park Rd. 4 on Tuesday, Aug. 9th. There were two suspects--white males in their late 20s to late 30s. The suspects had arrived in a light colored Chevrolet pickup with a black tool box. If anyone knows anything, they should call 866-756-8477 or on line at hillcountryareacrimestoppers.com for up to a $2,000 reward.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is currently lifted as pastures are wet enough to make wildfires less likely.