Police and Weather Reports

The Weather

High yesterday was 85°   The low this morning was 73°   

As of midnight last night, we received 1.57in. of rain.

  • Today: A chance of showers with thunderstorms; the chance is precipitation is 50%. Mostly cloudy with a high near 86° and a south wind 5-10mph.
  • Tonight: A 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy with a low around 73° and a southeast wind 5-10mph.
  • Friday: A 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy with a high near 89° and a slight southerly wind.
  • Rest of the weekend: Showers and thunderstorms are likely, with a 40% chance Saturday and a 60% chance Sunday. Mostly cloudy with highs in the mid to high 80s.

The Blotter

  • Lampasas Police received a total of 40 calls for service yesterday.
  • No accidents were reported and 2 arrests were made. A 21 yr old Lampasas male was taken into custody at 11:54am in the 1300 block of Central Texas Expressway for 2 Lampasas Municipal Court warrants for possession of drug paraphernalia and no seat belt-driver, and a 30 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested at 4:30pm in the 400 block of E 4th St. for 26 Lampasas Municipal Court warrants.
  • Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. reported 2 arrests yesterday. A 36 yr old Killeen woman was taken into custody for DWI and a 26 yr old Kempner woman was arrested for theft of property.  

The Burn Ban is ON in Lampasas County.