High yesterday was 96° The low this morning 72°
- Today: Showers and thunderstorms are possible, with a high near 81° and a calm wind becoming east-northeast around 5mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tonight: Showers and a thunderstorm are likely. Cloudy with a low around 71° and an east-northeast wind 5-10mph. The chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms are possible again. Cloudy and a high near 83° and a northeast wind 5-10mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Rest of the Week: Cloudy with a slight wind and highs in the mid to low 80s. Chance of showers and thunderstorms are between 30-50%.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had a total of 28 calls for service on Saturday. No accidents were reported and there were 2 arrests as an 18 yr old Kempner female was taken into custody at 2am at the intersection of Park Ln. and Sue Ann for possession of drug paraphernalia, minor in possession of alcohol, possession of dangerous drugs and possession of a controlled substance; and an 18 yr old Lampasas male was arrested at 2:14am in the 20 block of Park Ln. for DUI-minor and possession of a controlled substance.
- On Sunday the Lampasas Police Dept. had 25 calls for service. There were no accidents and 2 arrests as a 56 yr old Austin woman was taken into custody at 5:24pm at the 300 block of W Ave. B for a 2nd DWI and a 35 yr old Bertram man was arrested at 11:40pm in the 1800 block of S Hwy 281 for public intoxication. .
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter from Saturday shows 33 calls for service, including a crash in Kempner, an illegal burning in Copperas Cove, and an alcohol offense in Lampasas.
- No arrests were reported for Saturday.
- On Sunday, the Sheriff’s office had 22 calls for service. Lampasas had a few traffic stops, a civil matter and some agency assists. Kempner had a medical assist, a welfare check some animal calls, and a civil matter. Lometa had two calls for traffic hazards, and Copperas Cove had a medical call.
- The Sheriff’s Dept. had 3 arrests on Sunday. A 35 yr old Lometa man was arrested for theft and failure to appear., a 29 yr old Austin resident was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a dangerous drug; and a 22 yr old Lometa woman was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance, possession of a dangerous drug, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to appear.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is still on.