High yesterday was 101° The low this morning was 78°
- Today: Sunny and hot with a high near 101° and a south wind 5-10ph. Heat index values will be as high as 104°.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 78° and a south-southeast wind 5-10mph.
- Friday: Sunny and hot with a high near 101°, with heat index values as high as 104° and a south wind 5-10mph.
- Rest of the weekend: A chance of showers and thunderstorms is likely, with a high near 97° on Saturday and 88° on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police had a total of 42 calls for service yesterday. There was one minor accident at 7:57am at 1st and Arnold Streets. No arrests were reported.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. showed 20 calls. Lampasas had several livestock calls and traffic stops, a disturbance, a medical assist and a crash. Kempner had an alarm call, a traffic hazard and a call for extra patrol. Copperas Cove reported a crash.
- There was one arrest reported as a 33yr. old Lometa man was taken into custody for possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license invalid.
The Burn Ban is ON in Lampasas County.