High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high of 98°, heat index of 103, and south wind 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 76° & S-SE wind 10mph.
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy early, then sunny with a high of 98° and south wind 10-15 mph and gusting to 20 mph.
- Next week: More of the same: hot, dry, and sun screen weather with temps knocking on the door of triple digits.
- Lampasas Police blotter shows one minor accident on Friday. It took place at 5:09pm at E. Ave C and N. Walnut. No injuries were reported. Two arrests were made as a 37 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested at 4:54pm in the 4000 block of Whispering Oaks on 2 municipal court warrants. At 5:57pm, police were in the 500 block of S. Main where Erick Ray Montoya, 36, was arrested for assault causing bodily injury to a family member.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows Kempner had a disturbance and a couple of livestock calls. In Lometa there was an animal complaint and a traffic stop. Out in the county there was a reckless driver, a medical call, animal problems and one auto accident. There were no arrests.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is on.