High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 97° and heat index into triple digits again. South wind 10-15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 74°and S-SE wind 10-15 mph with gusts to 20.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny with a high near 95° with heat indexes to 98. The south wind of 10-15 mph will gust to 20.
- Rest of the weekend: The heat will continue on Sunday with an upper 90s high and that will continue into next week with a possible chance of a change late next week.
- Lampasas Police made a number of calls and reports on Thursday. There was an accident shortly after noon, at 12:46pm, at the intersection of 5th and Key. There was at least one injury involved as emergency service was required. There were two early evening minor accidents, one at 7:52pm in the 1000 block of W. 1st and another a few minutes later at 8:10pm in the 1700 block of S. US Hwy 281. No injuries were involved in these. Two arrests were made on Thursday. At 11:31am a 26 yr old local man was arrested in the 300 block of N. Campbell for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Later, in the afternoon at 3:21pm, a 64 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested in the 300 block of E. 4th on a Lampasas PD warrant on a charge of retaliation.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows Kempner had a burglary, and a disturbance, as well as several traffic stops. Lometa had a lost and found, and a welfare check. Lampasas had several traffic stops, a couple of disturbance, a fraud, and a burglary call. The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is on.