High yesterday 100° Low this morning 76°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 98° and heat index values up to 103. South wind of 15-20 mph and gusting to 25 mph are predicted.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 76° and south wind 15mph with possible 25 mph gusts.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 96°and strong south wind that will run from 15 to as much as 25 mph.
- Rest of the week: Sunny and hot with upper 90s common.
- Lampasas Police had four accidents to work on Tuesday. That along with 11 animal complaints and an arrest made for a busy day. The accidents took place at 9:53am in the 900 block of N. Key, 10:52am in the 600 block of S. Key, at 2:53pm in the 600 block of E. Central Texas Expressway and the last one at 3:05pm in the 200 block of W. 9th. No injuries were reported in the fender benders. There was one arrest as a 30 yr old Lampasas female was arrested in the 1000 block of Mill St. at 7:22pm on a warrant for forgery of a financial instrument.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter shows a number of arrests with most of them on processing warrants. An Austin man was picked up on out of county charges, a 55 yr old woman in a family disturbance case, a 29 yr old Cove man for trespassing, a 51 yr old local man for assault causing bodily injury, a 26 yr old man on a capias warrant, and a 30 yr old local woman on a failure to appear. There were three crashes reported in the county and there were disturbances in Copperas Cove and Kempner, as well as fireworks infractions in Lampasas and Lometa.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is on!