- High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76° 02'' of rain fell at Lampasas Airport Lometa's LCRA gauge showed .3'' West of Lampasas a gauge showed .21'' Marble Falls - 1.66'' Austin - 1.38'' Buda - 3.48''
- Today: The chances of rain have extended into today and tonight with a 30% chance. Otherwise it's to be cloudy with a high of 94° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Another 30% chance of rain early evening, then mostly cloudy and down to 75° with S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Friday: Partly sunny with a high of 97° and S-SW wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Saturday and Sunday highs of 96-97° and south wind 5-10 mph. Next week forecasts call for clear skies and up to 99 or 100°. It's August!
- Lampasas Police worked animal complaints and motorist assists, along with a minor accident that took place at 5:31pm in the 200 block of S. Key. There were no injuries.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows that Lometa officers went out on an alarm, a suspicious person call and some livestock issues. Kempner police worked a disturbance, a couple of harassment calls and an animal bite.
- Out in the county, Sheriff's Deputies were dispatched to a rollover at about 7:30pm which took place at FM 1715 and FM 580 E. No other information was available this morning. Deputies also checked out reports of criminal mischief, a civil matter and a suspicious person.
A burn ban is in effect for Lampasas and Coryell counties.