High yesterday was 99° The low this morning was 73° .03'' of rain at Lampasas Airport Burnet had .17'' Llano registered .22'' Best area rain was at Tow.33''
- Today: A 30% chance of rain this afternoon, otherwise partly sunny and not so hot with a high near 93° but with heat index values to 97°. Calm to easterly breeze will be 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: A 30% chance of rain before 8pm, then partly cloudy with a low of 75° and light E-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Wednesday: A 30% chance of rain, mainly after 8pm, otherwise sunny with a high near 94° and S-SW wind 5mph.
- Rest of the week: Chances of rain appear to be with us through Thursday, with daytime mid 90s highs and mid 70s evenings. The weekend appears to have daytime sun and evening clouds.
- Lampasas Police reported a very busy day on Monday with 13 animal complaints and several motorist assists and escorts. There were no accidents but there were three arrests.
- At 3:14am Monday a 63 yr old Kyle, TX man was arrested in a traffic stop in the 200 block of S. Key. He was charged with driving with an invalid license and no insurance.
- At 11:37pm last night another traffic stop was made at the intersection of 183N and Hwy 281N. A 27 yr old female and a 29 yr old male were both charged with possession of under a gram of a PG1 controlled substance and under 2 oz of marijuana.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows the arrest of a 41 yr old Cove man for driving with an invalid license.
- Copperas Cove PD reports that on Sunday, at approximately 8:25pm, a gunshot victim was discovered by a Cove Police Officer in the 400 block of W. Washington Avenue. The victim was later transported to Metroplex Hospital with non life threatening injuries.
- Copperas Cove Police are in the early stages of an investigation into the matter.
The Burn Ban continues in hot, dry Lampasas County but it looks fairly good for a possible shower or two this week.
We note that Coryell County Commissioners also instituted a burn ban in that County as of Monday afternoon.