High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was76 °
- Today: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Otherwise, partly sunny with a high near 96°, with heat index values as high as 100°, and a south wind 5-10mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Tonight: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Otherwise, mostly cloudy with a low around 75° and east-southeast wind 5-10mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Tuesday: A 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Otherwise, mostly cloudy with a high near 93°, heat index values as high as 97° and a light and variable wind becoming east 5-10mph in the afternoon.
- Rest of the Week: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday and Thursday, decreasing to 20% over the weekend; and highs in the 90s.
- Lampasas Police had a total of 17 calls for service on Saturday. No accidents were reported and there were4 arrests.
- A 26 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody at 1:41am in the 200 block of E North Ave. for DWI with blood alcohol content over 0.15, a 50 yr old Texas City man was arrested at 7:11pm in the 1700 block of E Central Texas Expressway for theft under $100, public intoxication and failure to identify/give false information; and two 17 yr old Lampasas males were arrested at 10:55pm in the 300 block of S Chestnut St. for possession of marijuana.
- Sunday’s blotter shows a total of 31 calls for service. No accidents were reported and there was 1 arrest as a 49 yr old Copperas Cove woman was taken into custody at 12:19am in the 900 block of W Ave. C for public intoxication.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a trespassing call in Lometa and a suspicious person there too. Kempner responded to an alarm, a missing person call, civil matter, a few disturbances, structure fire and a couple of suspicious person calls.
- LSD had their share of suspicious persons, an assault, noise complaint and worked a wreck out in the county.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is still on.