High yesterday96° Low this morning71° The wind was predominantly east and SE at 5-10 mph Tuesday.
- Today: More sunshine and light S-SE breeze, a high of 96.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 76° and S-SE wind continuing at 5-10 mph.
- Thursday: Sunny and hot with a high near 99° and S-SE wind at 5-10 mph bringing little relief from the heat.
- Rest of the week: It gets hotter as we go this week, with Friday expected to hit 100° and the weekend about the same.
- Lampasas Police had a quite day on Tuesday with a handful of the usual animal control and escort service calls. There was one minor accident at 3rd and Key with no injuries.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter shows a fairly quiet day as well. There were medical assists in Lampasas, a lost and found in Lometa, and a repossession in Copperas Cove.
- One arrest was made as a 28 year old Lampasas was arrested for possession of marijuana under 2 oz.
- Little more information has been released from law enforcement on the recent case of two people found dead in their house out in the County. The couple, both 36 years of age, were found in their home last weekend in different rooms and there was evidence of a fire. According to the Fire Marshal it was not a very destructive fire and appeared to have started in the living room/kitchen area of the home. No cause of the fire or its origin was released. According to Sheriff Jess Ramos the preliminary autopsy results show the couple died from smoke inhalation, but he cautioned that the matter is still under investigation and wouldn't release any more information other than identification.
- They were identified as Raymond Dwayne Jonas, Jr. and Stephanie Lee Summers Storm, both 36 yrs of age.
- A group offering their appreciation to local law enforcement has announced that they are taking food, gum, sunscreen and gift baskets to the local PD today. A spokesperson for the group said they would be arriving at the PD before lunchtime today with plenty of casseroles for officers of the Lampasas PD, Fire Dept., Sheriff's Dept., Game Wardens and other officers.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is on !