High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 95° and heat index values to 98°. The S-SE wind will be 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, a low of 75° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny and a high of 97° with south wind 5-10 mph most of the day.
- Rest of the week: Continuing hot and hotter with highs at 99° and inching closer to triple digits with apparently no signs of cloud cover for the rest of the week.
- Lampasas Police report receiving a total of 60 calls yesterday, with several animal complaints and various motorist issues. There was one accident, reported at 7:31am at the intersection of 4th and Key Ave. There were two arrests, with one of them at 3am in the 400 block of S. Western. A 24 yr old Richland Springs man was arrested for DWI and on a warrant out of Fort Worth. A second arrest came at11:59pm last night when a 28 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 100 block of E. Ave. B for possession of marijuana under 2 oz. in a drug free zone. Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a criminal mischief, 4 disturbances and a number of other miscellaneous calls. No arrests were reported by the Sheriff’s Dept. A report from
- Lampasas County Sheriff’s Dept.: Additional information has been released on the deaths that occurred on CR3066. The victims were identified as Raymond Dwayne Jonas, Jr. and Stephanie Lee Summers Storm, both 36 yrs old. The preliminary autopsy results are in and the cause of death was reported as smoke inhalation. However, according to Sheriff Jess Ramos, the investigation into the matter continues. Obituary information for Raymond Dwayne Jonas, Jr. has now been posted on the Sneed Funeral Chapel website
- The Burn Ban continues in hot, dry Lampasas County.