High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny and a high near 96° with south wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 75° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 96° with heat index values up to 99 and light south wind 5-10 mph.
Rest of the Week: Continuing hot with highs at 98-99°all the way through Sunday at least.
- Lampasas Police arrested two people for drugs in an 8:12pm traffic stop Saturday night. The traffic stop was on Hwy 281 south, in the 1900 block. 27 yr old Michael Wayne Leech, Jr. of Mesquite, TX was charged with possession of a controlled substance, PG1 under a gram and for driving with an invalid license. 46 yr old Shane Michael Braley of Balch Springs, TX was charged with Possession of methamphetamine under a gram, attempting to fabricate physical evidence with intent to impair, possession of drug paraphernalia and for having a prohibited substance in a correctional facility. A third arrest took place at 10:58pm Saturday when a 21 yr old local male was charged with having under 2 oz of marijuana in his possession in the 1700 block of E. CTE. Sunday was a much quieter day with no accidents nor arrests and only a couple of animal complaints.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. reports, in a special news release, that just after noon on Saturday they received a report of two deceased persons in a residence on Lampasas CR 3066 E. Deputies responded and, according to a news release, found a 36 yr old female and a 36 yr old male deceased in the residence where the two were known to reside. Signs of a structure fire were present. The S.O. Criminal Investigation Division, Lampasas Fire Marshal and Texas Rangers responded to the scene and an investigation is ongoing. Both victims were taken to the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas for autopsy. In other activity, over the weekend Lometa had a theft report, a runaway, a suspicious person report and a noise complaint. Kempner had a disturbance and there was an accident in the Copperas Cove city limits and a civil matter to attend to. Out in the county there was a disturbance and a trespassing call.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is in effect !!!