High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 98° and heat index up to 103. South wind 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 73°and S-SE wind 5-15 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny and a high of 97° with south wind 5-15 mph.
- Rest of the weekend: The heat will continue on Sunday with an upper 90s high and that will continue into next week with a typical 98° high most afternoons and no chance of rain forecast.
- Lampasas Police made a number of calls and assists on Thursday. There were no accidents in town but there was one arrest made about 10pm last night when police were dispatched to the 100 block of N. Howe on a family violence incident. Cameron David Baylis, 23 yr old from Spring, TX was arrested for assault, evading arrest and detention and for criminal mischief over $750 but under $2500.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows a harassment in Kempner, an unattended death in Copperas Cove, a theft in Lampasas and 27 other miscellaneous calls. One arrest was made as a 25 yr old Kempner man was taken into custody for failure to appear.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is on.