High yesterday was 98° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high of 98° and heat index values to 101. The south wind will blow 10-15 mph and gust to 20.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, a low of 75° and south wind 10-15 mph with gust to 20.
- Friday: Sunny with a high of 97° and south wind 10-15 mph with gusts to 20.
- Rest of the week: Saturday a high of 97° and south wind 5-10 mph. The rest of the weekend and into next week will be pretty much the same.
- Lampasas Police worked ten animal complaints and other minor activities Wednesday. There were two arrests.
- A local 17 yr old was arrested at 5:22pm in the 400 block of Creek St. He was charged with possession of under 2 ounces of marijuana.
- Later, at 8:33pm, police stopped a vehicle in the 1000 block of W. Ave E and charged the 25 yr old female driver with displaying fictitious vehicle registration and for driving with an invalid license and no insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows the county booked in a 31 Y/O Killeen man on a failure to appear charge.
- Lometa worked a civil matter and a suspicious person report, Kempner went out on a disturbance, a theft, criminal mischief, a civil matter and a threat. Out in the county there was a suicidal person report, a criminal mischief and a disturbance to dispatch.
The burn ban remains in effect for Lampasas County.