High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 97° and heat index values to 101°. The south wind will continue at 15-20 mph and gusting to 25 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, a low of 75° and S-SE wind 15 mph and gusting to 25..
- Wednesday: Sunny and hot with a high of 98° and heat index values as high as 102°. South wind will be 10-15 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
- Rest of the week: Continuing hot with highs at 98-99° and generally windy, but decreasing a little, from 20-25 mph gusts to just 10-15 mph later in the week.
- Lampasas Police report two accidents, one at 8:29am in the 1400 block of S. Key with some unknown injuries, and another at 4:53pm in the 1300 block of W. Ave. A with no injuries.
- There were two arrests, as a 26 yr old Merritt Island, Fla. man was arrested at 12:50pm in the 1700 block of CTE for theft under $100; and a 39 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 3:33pm at Brown and Hillcrest on a Lampasas Municipal Court warrant for criminal mischief.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows thefts in Copperas Cove and Lampasas, a crash in Lampasas, an assault in Kempner and a number of other miscellaneous calls.
- No arrests were reported by the Sheriff’s Dept.
The Burn Ban continues in dry Lampasas County.