High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: Sunny and up to 95° with heat index values to 98. The S-SW wind of 5-10 mph will shift to SE in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, a low of 74°and SE wind 10-15 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny and a high of 96° with heat indexes to 100. The south wind of 5-10 mph will gust to 20.
- Rest of the weekend: The heat will continue on Sunday with a 96° high and a good bit of southwind. Independence Day on Monday will be up to 99° with more wind, gusting to 20 mph. The heat will continue next week.
- Lampasas Police made a number of calls and reports on Thursday. There was one accident at the intersection of Key and Ave. E and there were two arrests made.
- At 1:32pm Police were in the 900 block of E. Ave. G where they arrested a 25 yr old woman on a Coryell Co. warrant to revoke probation on a DWI case.
- At 11:51pm police were at the intersection of FM 580E and Campbell St. where they arrested a 43 yr old man for possession of drugs and on six warrants. Three of the warrants were for Driving with an invalid license and three were for expired registration. The drug charges were for possession of a PG1 controlled substance and also under 2 oz of marijuana.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows 4 arrests. Javonte Gaston, 18 of Lometa, was taken into custody for assault causing bodily injury; a 45 yr old Killeen man was arrested for 3 bond surrenders; a 31 yr old Lometa man was taken in for 2 Class C offenses; and a 25 yr old Killeen man was arrested for failure to appear.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until July 4th.