High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 69°
- Today: Mostly sunny and up to 89° with SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy and a fairly nice evening with a low of 68° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and pleasant with a high of 89° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Saturday sunshine prevails for a nice day with upper 80s but clouds come in late and by Sunday morning there is a chance of rain. That small rain chance is around off and on through at least mid-week.
- Lampasas Police worked nine animal complaints on Wednesday, along with routine services. There were no accidents nor arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. had a few traffic stops and animal problems. Lometa a couple of traffic stops. Lampasas reckless driving, animal problems and a suicide call. There were two arrests made. 23yr. old Lometa male for Assault/failure to show DL/ outstanding warrant. A 49 yr. old Lampasas male for failure to comply as a registered sex offender.
- Lampasas Firemen were dispatched at 6:29pm yesterday to assist Kempner Firemen on a building fire in that town. The fire was at Top Hand BBQ at Hwy 190 and FM 2313. According to Fire Marshal Ronnie Withers the fire was accidental, it started in the back of the building around the BBQ pit and did some kitchen damage, but it is fully repairable. He said the fire was extinguished well by Kempner Firefighters and was completely under control by 6:46pm.
The Burn Ban is lifted until this Sunday, June 12th.