High yesterday88° Low this morning65°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 89° and light SE wind 5-10 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 68° and SE wind 5-10.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny with a high near 88° and south wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The clear skies are now forecast to stay in place through Saturday evening, changing to a 20% chance of rain on Sunday and keeping those slight chances rain chances into at least the early part of next week.
- Lampasas Police had a routine day with 9 animal complaints and some motorist assists and escorts. There were also two minor accidents with no injuries. One accident ocurred at 12:42pm in the 800 block of S. Key and the other at 6:50pm in the 1700 block of E. CTE.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter shows a disturbance out in the county, along with a warrant service, an assault and a crash. In Kempner there was also an assault case
- Three arrests were reported. A 24 yr old Killeen man was taken into custody for a commitment charge, a 23 yr old Copperas Cove man was arrested for 3 out of county charges and a Jose Guadalupe Matias, 61 of Lometa, was taken in for intoxication manslaughter with a vehicle and driving with an invalid license with previous conviction.
- Fort Hood officials announce yet another on-post accidental death of one of their soldiers.
- After losing 9 troopers to a high water flooding accident last week, a soldier was traveling on the East Range Road on his motorcycle on Sunday when he collided with livestock and was killed.
- Sgt. 1st Class Antino M. Glass had just finished duty as an Observor Coach/Trainer at North Fort Hood and was heading back to his on-post home when the accident took place.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 12th.