High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Sunny again, with a high of 94° and heat index values up to 97. SE wind becoming east 5-10 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, a low of 74° with SE wind 5-10 mph becoming S-SW after midnight.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high of 95° and heat index to 98. Light and variable wind SE 5-10 mph by morning.
- Rest of the week: Saturday a high of 97° and Sunday the same. All chances of rain are gone from the forecast for the immediate future but the upper 90s afternoon will be with us well into next week.
- Lampasas Police reported no accidents and 2 arrests. A 17 yr old Lampasas female was taken into custody at 3:11am in the 600 block of W Ave. A for possession of marijuana and a 21 yr old Katy, TX female was arrested at 5:08am at the intersection of 4th St. and Key Ave. for possession of marijuana.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows sex offense and crash reports in Kempner, along with 35 other miscellaneous calls. No arrests were reported.
- Copperas Cove PD reports an aggravated robbery Wednesday afternoon at 2:07pm at the 7-Eleven Convenience Store at 501 North 1st in Cove. The store clerk said the suspect pulled a handgun out and demanded money. He, or she, was wearing a mask, dark clothing, gloves and wearing a backpack. The clerk gave up the cash and was not injured. The subject left through the front entrance of the store with the undisclosed amount of cash. Now, Cove Police and
- Crimestoppers are looking for help from anyone who might know anything about the case. Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 in cash for clues that result in the capture of the suspect. Call 254-547-1111.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Monday, July 4th at 7pm.