High yesterday was 76° The low this morning was 63° Rainfall Thursday was -.91'' at the airport.
- Today: 80% chance of rain, possibly heavy rain, with a high near 77° and a west wind light to calm.
- Tonight: 60% chance of rain, cloudy, a low of 65°and N-NE light breeze. Saturday: A 50% chance of rain, mostly cloudy and a high near 80° with N-NE wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the weekend: Saturday night 30%, Sunday 20% and rain could be gone for next week. Perhaps a chance to mow and dry out a bit. Afternoon temperatures in the low to mid-80s this weekend and upper 80s next week.
- Lampasas Police made 10 animal complaint calls on Thursday but there were no fender benders in town. Police did make one arrest. Police were at the intersection of Old Convent Road and CR 3401 at 5:29pm Thursday where they arrested 20 yr old Anthony James Quenomoen, 20 of Lampasas. He was charged with resisting arrest, search or transport, on a warrant for violating a protective order, on warrants for bond surrender on theft of a firearm and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and on a Copperas Cove warrant for making a false report to a peace officer. Lampasas PD is reminding everyone that the Click It or Ticket Campaign is still on and if you get caught without a seat belt fastened on you and your passengers, you will be ticketed.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows one accident yesterday, at Hwy 281 and FM 1690, where a semi truck and trailer flipped over. It was a single-vehicle accident and the driver walked away with no injuries. Two arrests were made. A 20 yr old Lampasas male was taken into custody for resisting arrest and 2 Sheriff’s Office warrants; and a 37 yr old Taylor man was arrested for a capias court fine.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 12th.