High yesterday was 92° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: A 20% chance of rain, otherwise partly sunny with a high of 91° and south wind 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain before 10pm, mostly cloudy with a low of 74° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph. Sunday: A 20% chance of a shower after 1pm, partly sunny with a high of 93° and south wind 5-10 mph.
- Next week: A slight chance of rain Monday and up to 40% on Tuesday, clearing by Thursday. Low 90s afternoons will prevail.
- Lampasas Police blotter shows no arrests nor accidents on Friday. There were a lot of animal complaints and escorts and motorist assists but all in all a quieter day.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows Kempner had a burglary call. Lometa had a theft, a medical call, a citizens assist, and a few reckless driving calls. Lampasas was fairly busy with medical calls. A couple of animal calls, livestock, fish and game, noise complaints, disturbance, and reckless driving calls. There were four arrests made. 21 yr. old male from Abilene was arrested for driving with a suspended license. 41 yr. old female from Lometa allowing an unlicensed person to drive, interfering with pubic duties, and resisting arrest. 33 yr. old Lometa male for a misc. Class C offense, and a 43 yr old Midlothian male for driving with an invalid drivers license.
- Copperas Cove Police update media on a shooting that took place on June 21st in the wee hours of the morning. A 20 yr old male, identified as Damontay Deven Holmes showed up for treatment at Metroplex ER with gunshot wounds. Police discovered the crime scene at 1005 Industrial Avenue in Cove. Several shell casings were found in front of the apartment and it was evident rounds were fired into and possibly out of the residence but no one was there. The residents were later located and they said there was a home invasion that resulted in gunfire and the invaders had fled. Police later talked to the subjects that drove the injured man to the hospital and were soon able to identify other suspects and confirm that there was an attempted robbery. Arrest warrants were issued for Xavier Clifford Arnold (20), Marcus Anthony Herrera (18), Warren Darnell Jackson (20) and Marcus Dwayne Robinson (22). The
Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 26th .