High yesterday was 93° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Mostly sunny and up to 92° with south wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 76°and S-SE wind 10-15 mph with gusts to 20.
- Saturday: A 20% chance of rain after 1pm, otherwise partly sunny with a high near 93° and heat indexes to 99. The south wind will be coming in about 10-15 mph.
- Rest of the weekend: The 20% chance of rain is back in the long term forecast for the weekend with a 93° high on Sunday. Rain chances disappear on Monday and come back on Tuesday.
- Lampasas Police made lots of calls and assists on Thursday with 10 animal complaints and 6 escorts. There was one major accident in the 500 block of S. Key at 4:44pm where someone was injured and transported to the ER for medical care. Police also made 2 arrests. A 33 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 3:39am in the 10 block of Goldman Lane on a warrant having to do with non-payment of child support. At 10:37am a 20 yr old San Marcos female was arrested at the intersection of Live Oak and E. 5th for criminal trespass.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows the 11:30pm arrest of 30 yr old Shawn Michael Black of Lampasas on a sex charge and a 39 yr old Lometa woman was a arrested on an out of county charge. Officers other activities included a civil matter in Lometa, a couple of alarms, trespassing and a criminal mischief call in Kempner, and out in the county there was a disturbance, a fraud case, and a crash in the Copperas Cove city limits. DPS Reports a bust in Travis County that netted five suspects, $20,000 cash, 3 pounds of meth, some cocaine and weapons. The investigation that led to the arrests had been ongoing for five months. The suspects were all Austin residents.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 26th.