High yesterday 96° Low this morning 76°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 95° and heat index values up to 99 and south wind 5-15 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 74° and south wind 10-15.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 94°and south wind 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Sunny and mid 90s through Saturday at least, and a possibility, though only 20%, of a show on Sunday. More likely
- Sunday will be hot and another mid-90s afternoon and the same kind of weather into next week
- Lampasas Police had a busy day with about 30% more call volume than normal. There were nine animal complaints, five motorist assists and a couple of escorts, three accidents and a couple of arrests. The accidents took place at 10:28am in the 200 block of S. Main, at 10:32am in the 2200 block of S. 281, and at 11:48am at E. 4th and CTE. There were no injuries reported in any of the crashes. Arrests came at 2:04pm in the 700 block of Brown St. when police picked up an 18 yr old male for interfering with public duties, and at 8:07pm when a 38 yr old female was arrested in the 600 block of S. Key on two separate warrants for having no vehicle insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter shows a runaway and some livestock issues in Lometa and in Kempner there was an accident, a criminal mischief report, a harassment report and several disturbances. Out in the county there was a suspicious person report, a fraud case, a disturbance and a fight in progress.
- Burnet Co. Sheriffs Office reports an ongoing investigation into a vehicle fire with an unidentified body inside. The incident took place on Monday evening shortly before 8pm. The S.O. received a report of a vehicle fire near Lake Victor. Firemen and Emergency services were dispatched, along with Sheriff's Deputies. They discovered, in the 3800 block of Burnet CR 202, a vehicle engulfed in flames. Inside, they discovered a body, believed to be a male but yet to be identified. The body was sent to the Travis Co. Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy and investigators from the State Fire Marshall's Office and Texas Rangers were called in for assistance. No more is known at this time.
- Copperas Cove Police report that, on Tuesday at 1:18am, they were notified by Metroplex Hospital that they were treating a 20 yr old gunshot victim. On investigation, police learned that the crime scene was in the 1000 block of Industrial Avenue. No more information is available as of this hour.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. was called out on a false alarm where someone reported that a vehicle hauling hay had a bale on fire. It was checked out and there was no fire.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 26th.