High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high of 97° and a heat index of 101, and the 5 mph S-SW wind will shift to east later.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain, mostly clear skies, down to 73° overnight and E-SE wind 5 mph.
- Sunday: A 20% chance of a shower again, but mostly sunny and a high around 93° with a calm E-SE air movement.
- Next week: A slight chance of a shower on Monday but mostly more sunshine. Slightly cooler afternoons prevail until late in the week when the highs go up again. It looks like a high pressure ridge could set on Texas for a while.
- Lampasas Police blotter shows 11 animal complaints among the 44 calls into the office on Friday. There were also several escorts to be made, but no accidents nor arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows an alarm call in Kempner, as well as a civil matter and animal complaints. In Lometa there was a call on a fish and game matter and in Copperas Cove's city limits there was a reckless driver report. Out in the county there was a disturbance, a sex offense report and one accident to work.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 26th .