High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Sunny and up to 98° with heat index at 101 and S-SW wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 73°and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny with a high near 97° and S-SW wind of 5 mph becoming E-SE in the afternoon.
- Rest of the weekend: Saturday night 20% chance of rain but otherwise partly cloudy and that slight chance hangs around on Sunday but mostly sunny right into next week.
- Lampasas Police made six animal calls and handled a number of motorist assists. There were three minor accidents:
- There was an accident in the 900 block of N. Key at 10:08am, then another at the intersection of Hackberry and 4th at 1:38pm and the last accident was at the intersection of Key and 4th at 4:41pm.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows the arrest of a 32 yr old Cove man on a failure to appear charge. Lometa checked out a suspicious person and worked a theft case. Kempner was out on a disturbance call with some help from the county. They were also out on a suspicious person case. Out in the county there was one accident, a medical call and over in Copperas Cove's city limits there was a disturbance and a criminal mischief incident.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 26th.