High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Sunny again, with a high of 97° and heat index values up to 104. South wind coming at 10-15 mph and gusty.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, a low of 73° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Friday: Sunny and hot again, a high of 96° and S-SW wind 10 mph with heat index at 100°.
- Rest of the week: Saturday hot as ever with a 98° topout and little breeze. Sunday a tiny chance of a shower and possibly a few clouds but a couple of degrees cooler. Monday and Tuesday look like lower to mid-90s afternoons.
- Lampasas Police worked a couple of accidents on Wednesday with one occurring at 8:22am in the 200 block of S. Main with no injuries. The second fender-bender took place in the 900 block of E. CTE at 5:19pm, again with no injuries.
- There was one arrest just after midnight Wednesday as a 19 yr old male from Austin was arrested at 2nd and Key for Minor Driving Under the Influence and for having no valid driver license.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a burglary, a civil matter and a fraud report in Kempner on Wednesday. Out in the county there was a disturbance, some threats and some animal complaints.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday, June 26th.