High yesterday was 85° The low this morning was 71°
.97'' of rain at Lampasas Airport on Monday with strong electrical storms in the county early Monday morning.
- Today: A 50% chance of rain after 8am this morning, otherwise cloudy and aup to 84° with south wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy and a 60% chance of rain with a low of 67° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Wednesday: 70% chance of rain, mostly cloudy with a high of 79° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The rain chances appear to be strong all the way into the weekend, possibly letting up by Sunday.
- Lampasas Police report a very quiet Memorial Day with just one accident that took place at 6:22pm in the 1100 block of Nix Road with no injuries.
- Earlier over the weekend, on Saturday there were two arrests, with an 18 yr old Killeen female arrested at 8:03pm at 8th and Broad for possession of marijuana, and at 10:13pm there was a 45 yr old Lampasas man arrested in the 100 block ofW. 9th on 4 municipal warrants.
- On Sunday morning, there was a 42 yr old Lampasas man arrested in the 700 block of Gamel for DWI and unlawful carrying of a weapon.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows an accident in Lometa and in Kempner there was a threat report, a disturbance and a theft report. Out in the county there was a report of a suspicious person, a disturbance, some civil matters and a wreck just inside the Copperas Cove city limits.
- On Monday Heather Jones, 38 of Lampasas, was arrested for assault causing bodily injury.
- Remember, the click it or ticket campaign is still on!
- Copperas Cove's Police Dept. has reported the passing of its Chief of Police and Assistant City Manager, Timothy “Tim” Molnes. Chief Molnes succumbed to a lengthy illness early Monday afternoon while surrounded by his family.
- Chief Molnes dedicated over 36 years of his life to public safety and had served in Copperas Cove since 1980. He had held the Police Chief position since 1999.
- Funeral arrangements will be released as they become available.
The Burn Ban is lifted until June 12th.