High yesterday85° Low this morning76°
- Today: A 20% chance of rain after 1pm, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high of 88° and south wind 15 mph and gusting to 25.
- Tonight: A 30% chance of rain, mostly cloudy, and a low of 73° with south wind 10-15 and gusting to 20 mph.
- Thursday: A 60% chance of rain with a high of 81° and south wind 10-15 mph with gusts to 20 mph. After dark the rain chances go up to 70%.
- Rest of the week: The rain chances Friday are now seen as 60% during the day, but changing to 20% Friday night and for the weekend and into next week. Keep gas around for the lawn mower, you're gonna need it every time it stops raining for a day.
- Lampasas Police had a large number of animal complaints on Tuesday. There were no accidents inside the city, but there was one arrest.
- At 5:30pm, a 39 yr old Copperas Cove man was arrested in the 100 block of E. 6th and charged with failing to identify as a fugitive with intent to give false information. He was found to have an outstanding Anderson Co. warrant on a motion to revoke for possession of a PG1 controlled substance over a gram but under 4 grams. There was also a Lampasas Co. warrant on a writ for child support, some Copperas Cove warrants for displaying expired license plates and no seat belt.
- Lampasas Firemen and local officers were called to an accident Tuesday morning just outside city limits on FM 580E. There were no injuries but a pickup went off the road and into a ditch.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter showed an assault case in Kempner at 3:24 Tuesday afternoon and a disturbance late afternoon in Lometa. There was a reckless driver and a couple of civil matters reported out in the county.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until June 12th.