High yesterday was 50° The low this morning was 35 °
- Today: A slight chance of rain and sleet before noon, then mostly cloudy with a high near 38°. North wind at 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low of 26°, north wind 5-15 mph, gusting to 20 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny with a high near 43° and north winds 5-10 mph, turning E-SE in the afternoon.
- The weekend: A low near 32° on Friday night, then a warming trend with the 50’s on Saturday and the 60’s on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police Dept. on Wednesday had animal complaints and one accident in the 900 block of N. Hackberry at 9:10am. No injuries were reported.
- There were three arrests as a 35yr old Bertram woman was arrested in the 100 block of N. Key on a Burnet County warrant for driving with an invalid license, a 40 yr old Humble man was jailed in the same incident on three Burnet county warrants, and a 26 yr old Abilene man was taken into custody for possession of marijuana, having a prohibited weapon, knuckles, and for unlawful carrying of a weapon.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter shows Lometa with animal problems, a theft report and other minor matters. Kempner had reports of reckless drivers, a civil matter and reports of suspicious activity. Out in the county there was a utility problem, animal problems and a civil matter.
- The jail log shows three arrests. A 55 yr old Copperas Cove man was jailed for possession of a controlled substance less than a gram, a 49 yr old Copperas Cove woman was arrested for possession of a controlled substance less under a gram and for traffic offenses, and a 20 yr old Round Rock resident was taken into custody for possession of marijuana under two ounces.
The Burn Ban is back on today because of a red flag wind warning.