High yesterday was 58° The low this morning was 43°
- Today: A 10% chance of light rain, mostly cloudy, and a high of 55° with calm wind becoming south 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of light rain early, then a better chance after 8pm, otherwise cloudy with a low of 47°. S-SW wind between 10 and 15 mph.
- Saturday: A 20% chance of showers and cloudy, mainly before noon, then gradually becoming mostly sunny with a high near 71°. The W-SW wind will be 5-15 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
- The New Year’s weekend forecast: New Year’s Eve low will be near 49° and partly cloudy with very little wind.
- New Year’s Day Sunday calls for a 20% chance of rain, but partly sunny and a high near 69°. Calm to light wind will prevail into the evening but a 60% chance of rain comes after dark and overnight.
- Monday’s forecast calls for sunshine and a nice 70° day, though with a good bit of west wind.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had a very quiet day on Thursday with five animal complaints, and no accidents or arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows in Kempner there were reports of suspicious activity, a report of a runaway, criminal mischief, an animal problem, a theft and a reported accident at 6:42pm. In Lometa there was a reported disturbance and shots fired calls. Out in the county there were livestock issues, reports of suspicious activity, an accident, a sex offense and a disturbance call.
- The jail log shows no arrests.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is in effect, however outside the County, fireworks are not prohibited on New Year’s Eve .