High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 43°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 57º and north wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with the temperature falling to 43° and N-NE wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Friday: A 20% chance of a shower with patchy fog in the afternoon and cloudy all day. The high will be around 60º and the calm wind may get up to 5 mph in the afternoon. Friday evening it will likely drizzle with showers possible into the morning.
- The Christmas weekend forecast: There is a 20% chance of rain all day and night Saturday, with a high of 71º and a low of 63º for Santa’s ride Saturday night. On Sunday the rain chance continues all day and night again with the best chance of moisture coming Sunday night. The high Sunday should be 73º and the evening low 62º. The pleasant temperatures but cloudy skies will hang around into mid-week after Christmas.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had a handful of animal complaints and no accidents to work on Wednesday. There was one arrest as a San Saba man with some criminal history was arrested at the intersection of W. 2nd and Arnold. Jerry Lee Pierce, 43, was charged with failure to identify as a fugitive and intent to give false information. In addition, there was a Brownwood PD warrant out for him for theft over $750 and under $2,500, and there was a parole warrant out for him. That arrest was made at 1:47pm.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter showed a disturbance call in Lometa and another in Kempner. Out in Lampasas Co. there was another disturbance, a burglary case and a fraud case. In Copperas Cove, but still in Lampasas County, there was a theft report called in.
- The Jail Log shows the arrest of a 53 yr old Copperas Cove woman, charged with sexual assault. There was also a bond surrender warrant served on a 26 yr old Anthony Renaldo Smith, Jr. of Killeen after the man failed to show up in court. He was pending judicial action on an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge.
- Blotter Clarification: The Lampasas Radiogram reported on Tuesday that Brianna Marez of Austin was arrested in the 100 block of W. 3rd St. the correct name was Brianna Mendez. Hill Country Area Crime Stoppers and Blanco County Sheriff’s Office need your assistance in identifying subjects that stole a pick up, trailer, Kawasaki ATV, gun safe, guns, jewelry and fishing poles on Nov. 17, 2016. The pickup and one gun have been recovered.
Anyone with information can contact Capt. Ben Ablon with Blanco County Sheriff’s Office at 830-868-9308or Crime Stoppers to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000.00 call 1-866-756-8477 or on line at www.hillcountryareacrimestoppers.com.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until Dec. 26.