High yesterday was 73° The low this morning was 55°
- Today: Mostly sunny and a lovely day with a warm west, then south, wind and a nice 79° high. But, beware! Think, like the Jaws thing. Da-dump, da-dump, da-dump..dump,dump, dump. It’s coming, and we’re not completely sure when.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy skies and temperatures falling through the bottom as the powerful cold front comes through the area with northerly wind gusts up to 35 mph. The low overnight temperature is expected to get down to 23°, with a wind chill factor dropping down into the low teens. Plants and pets need to be inside, and outside plumbing must be wrapped and trash cans secured.
- Sunday: It will be mostly sunny, but the high temperature will not get much above freezing all day, perhaps 35°. Wind chill values will continue to be in the teens and the north wind will be 10-15 mph and gusting to 30 mph.
- Next Week: Sunday night it will drop down to about 19° with wind chills 7 to 17° and north wind 10-20 mph. Monday the high will only be about 40° and Monday night freezing again. Relief is expected to finally come on Tuesday as the front passes through and temperatures get up to about 50°, continuing to warm into Wednesday. so cold...
- Lampasas Police Dept. had a half dozen animal complaints on Friday and three minor accidents. One in the 2700 block of S. 281 at 3:17pm, on in the 500 block of S. Key at 6:42pm, and one in the 500 block of S. Spring St. at 7:02pm. No injuries were reported. No arrests were made.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. had an accident, a medical call and a reported harassment in Copperas Cove on Friday, and in Kempner there was a civil matter, a request for extra patrol and a report of suspicious activity. Out in the county there were livestock issues and medical calls.
- The jail log shows no arrests.
There is a red flag Burn Ban on in Lampasas County through Monday Morning.