With the Political situation in the U.S. it’s anybody’s guess what’s going to happen next, especially with our pocketbooks. But, for what it’s worth, here’s one prediction:
WalletHub today released its 10 Financial Predictions for 2017 in order to help consumers get a jump on next year’s narrative. After all, foresight has the potential to produce massive returns when it comes to monetary concerns, and WalletHub’s predictions have earned an impressive 3.66 GPA over the past five years.
Below you can find a handful of our predictions, which are based in part on conversations with a panel of leading economics and finance experts.
1. U.S. GDP Growth Will Remain Anemic, At 2.1%.
2. Unemployment Won’t Go Far, Finishing Around 5%.
3. The S&P 500 Won’t Do Much Better Than An Online Savings Account.
4. U.S. Auto Sales Will Surpass 17M For The Third Straight Year.
5. Existing Home Sales Will Rise To 6M, Despite Higher Rates.
6. The Fed Will Raise Rates Twice, Bringing Its Target to 1.125%.
7. Credit Card Debt Will Break All-Time Records, Topping $1 Trillion Owed.
8. Consumer Credit Scores Will Peak At 675 In 2017.
9. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Won’t Die.
10. Charge-Offs Will Top $30 Billion, Limiting Credit Availability.