High yesterday was 83° The low this morning was 58 °
- Today: Becoming mostly sunny with a high near 79°. Gusty winds out of the south this afternoon at 15-25 mph.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds with a low near 63°, south winds at 10-15 mph. A 20% chance of storms after midnight.
- Friday:. The cold front arrives as temperatures fall through the day to near 57° by 5pm. There is a 40% chance of storms before noon with south-southwest winds turning around to the north in the afternoon, gusting as high at 25 mph.
- The weekend: Highs near 60°, with lows in the lower 40’s and upper 30’s.
- Lampasas Police Dept had a quiet day on Wednesday with five animal complaints and no accidents or arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter had a reported assault in Lometa, as well as an animal complaint and an alarm call. Kempner had welfare checks, a motorist assist and a reported theft. Out in the county there were a few accidents, a reported reckless driver and calls about suspicious activity.
- The jail log shows 2 arrests, as Matthew Pelton, 24, of Kempner was taken into custody for failure to register as a sex offender, and a 25 yr old Lometa man was jailed for assault.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County has been lifted until November 21.