High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: A 50% chance of rain this morning and a cloudy and cooler day otherwise. The temperature should top out about 78° with a north wind rising up to 10-15 mph sometime this morning.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy skies and down to 59° with north wind at 10 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80° and north wind around 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: A nice day on Sunday with an 80-ish afternoon and more of the same on Columbus Day Monday and into next week.
- Lampasas Police had a fairly quiet day with one minor accident and a couple of minor arrests.
- The one fender bender took place in the 1700 block of US Hwy 281S at 12:07pm with no injuries.
- There was an arrest at 1:10am in the 100 block of W. Vine when a 22 yr old Austin man was picked up for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- At 7:39pm a 34 yr old Lampasas man at the 1 block of Acorn St. was arrested on a municipal court warrant for public intoxication.
- Lampasas Sheriff's blotter shows 22 calls for service yesterday, including a burglary in Kempner, crashes in Lampasas and Lometa and a few suspicious activity and disturbance reports.
- Two arrests were made as a 34 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody for public intoxication of a pedestrian and a 28 yr old Kempner woman was arrested for a probation violation.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11.