High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 70°
- Today: A 20% chance of a shower today under cloudy skies early, then clearing in the afternoon to mostly sunny and up to 89°. S-SE gentle winds will blow 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy skies and down to 68° with SE wind at 5 mph.
- Friday: Chances of a shower are up to 30% as the work week ends, but will clear in the afternoon as temps rise to about 82° and the N-NE wind is light at 5 to 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: A lot of generally clear skies, sunshine, and temperatures in the low 80s for the weekend.
- Columbus Day Monday and also Tuesday appear to be nice too.
- Lampasas Police had no accidents and made no arrests on Wednesday. There were a number of animal complaints and some assists and escorts.
- Lt/Investigator Jody Cummings of the local PD says Lampasas has had none of the problems with anything similar to the "clown" terrorism that has been going on in the Austin area, but if anyone sees anyone attempting to terrorize citizens, they want to know about it immediately. It is considered a serious threat and local police will react.
- Lampasas Sheriff's blotter on Wednesday shows a few traffic hazards and reports of suspicious activity in Copperas Cove, along with reported threats and a civil matter. In Kempner, there were a few animal complaints, a warrant service, a stolen vehicle report and an attempt to locate call. Out in the county there were several reckless driver reports, a medical call, and an agency assist. The county also reported a theft and suspicious activity.
- The jail log shows 3 arrests, as a 39 yr old Lampasas man was jailed for nonpayment of child support, and a 25 yr old Kempner man was arrested on a parole violation. Ellen Scott, 44, of San Rafael California was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance, PG2 more than 4 grams, less than 400 grams, and possession of marijuana, less than 2 ounces.
- Bell Co. DPS reports that a high speed chase took place on Tuesdaywhen they tried to pull over a 2016 Subaru Forester for speeding on Hwy 190 near Bell Tower Road at CTC.
- The vehicle fled at speeds up to 115 mph and went into Killeen city limits. It eventually went onto Ivy Mountain Road on Ft. Hood and crashed through a fence onto the Killeen-Ft. Hood regional airport property.
- The driver was uninjured. He was identified as Timothy Sedric-Martin Blackwell of Copperas Cove. He was arrested and jailed. His passenger, Candice Nicole Jones, 29 of Copperas Cove, was taken to Metroplex Hospital for issues unrelated to the crash.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11.