High yesterday was 88° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: After unexpected morning showers early morning, the day turns to mostly sunny and warms up to 90° this afternoon. The south wind will be about 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69° and S-SE winds 5-10 mph.
- Thursday: A 20% chance of showers, likely after noon, otherwise mostly sunny and up to 88° with a south wind coming in at 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: Friday the rain chances are in, but they go away for the weekend, appearing to offer nice weather for the Herb and Art Fest in Lampasas.
- Lampasas Police had no accidents to work on Tuesday, but there were a number of routine chores with animal complaints and motorist assists. Two arrests were made. Another drug arrest was made as a 34 yr old Killeen man was arrested shortly after midnight in the 1700 block of E. Central Texas Expressway. He was charged with possession of Methamphetamine under a gram and for possession of drug paraphernalia. In another arrest of a 34 yr old man, a local was picked up just after 11pm last night in the 500 block of S. Pecan on a Municipal Court warrant for no vehicle insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a couple criminal mischief calls, a stolen vehicle report, and 21 other miscellaneous calls. Two arrests were made as a 29 yr old Kempner man was taken into custody for violation of a bond/protective order and Jason Harmon,
37 of Kempner, was arrested for assault on a public servant, assault of a family member causing bodily injury and resisting arrest.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11.