High yesterday was 83° The low this morning was 63°
- Today: A 20% chance ofthunderstorms early in the day. Mostly cloudy with a high near 87°. South wind 10-15 mph gusting to 20 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 69°, south wind 10 mph
- Wednesday: Partly sunny with a high near 88°. South-southeast wind at 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: A high of 87° on Thursday, then a cold front comes in Friday morning bringing a 40% chance ofrain and thunderstorms, with wind coming around to the north in the afternoon.
- Lampasas Police worked a number of animal complaints yesterday, along with 2 escorts. There were 2 minor accidents, one in the 2200 block of S. Hwy 281 at 7:29am, and the other in the 700 block of S. Key at 9:44am. No injuries reported in either accident. Lampasas Police reported 2 arrests, as a 26 yr old Lampasas woman was taken into custody for 2 Lampasas municipal warrants. A 45 yr old Lampasas man was arrestedin the 100 block ofE. North on a municipal warrant for theft of over $100 and under $750.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. onMonday shows a few animal complaints, a welfare check, a reckless driver and a civil matter in Kempner. Kempner also had a report of criminal mischief, a medical call and an animal bite. Out in the county, there were several medical calls, a warrant service, a civil matter, and a reported assault. There was also a reports of suspicious activity, a traffic hazard and a few crashes.
- The jail log shows 3 arrests as William Barnes, 23, of Round Rock, and Brianna Salinas, 23 of Pflugerville, were both jailed for possession of a controlled substance, PG2 4>400. A 48 yr old Lampasas man was also arrested on a probation violation.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is off until Tuesday, October 11th at 7pm.