High yesterday was 83° The low this morning was 56°
- Today: Sunny with a high near 84°. South-southeast wind 5-10 mph
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 65°
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 86°, south wind 10-15 mph gusting as high as 20 mph
- Rest of the Week: Highs in the high 80’s, lows in the high60’s, with a front coming in Thursday night increasing rain chances.
- Lampasas Police Dept. had a quiet weekend with a few motorist assists, a handful of animal complaints and 1 minor accident on Saturday, October 1 at 1:19 pm in the 1300 block of CTE. Lampasas police had one arrest on Saturday as a 43 yr old man from Lampasas was taken into custody on E. 5th St. for public intoxication and 10 municipal warrants. There was one arrest on Sunday as a 27 yr old from Lampasas was arrested for DWI 2nd or more at 6:27 am.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. on Saturday had several traffic stops and a civil matter in Lometa. There was a fish & game call, a few traffic stops, a noise complaint and a crash in Copperas Cove. Kempner shows a few civil matters, a reported threat, a disturbance, a crash, and a shots fired call. Out in the county on Saturday, there were several reports of a reckless driver, a reported robbery, a welfare check, a few civil matters and crashes.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. on Sunday had a few reports of disturbances in Copperas Cove, and a welfare check in Lometa. Kempner shows a few calls for suspicious activity, and animal complaint, and a crash. Out in the county there were a number of medial calls, a few motorist assists, a trespassing complaint, and a traffic hazard. The jail log shows 3 arrests for Saturday as a 26 yr old Lampasas woman was jailed for an outstanding fine, a 28 yr old Burnet woman was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license, and a 27 yr old Killeeen man was arrested for 2 out-of-county charges. The jail log for Sunday shows 2 arrests as a 30 yr old Copperas Cove man was jailed for DWI and a 43 yr old Kempner resident was arrested for criminal mischief.
- The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11th