High yesterday was 77 ° The low this morning was 64 °
- Today: A chance ofdrizzle this morning, then partly sunny with a high near81° Light south winds
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 61°
- Tuesday: Partly sunny with a high near 77°. South-southeast winds 5-10 mph
- Rest of the Week: Mostly sunny with high’s in the 80’s, lows in the 60’s
- Lampasas Police Dept. had two minor accidents on Saturday, one in the 500 block ofS. Howe at 8:07am, and one at the intersection of Key Ave. & 8th St. at 12:56pm. No injuries were reported. Police had four arrests on Saturday.
- At 12:17am, 39 yr old Judd Harpool of Lampasas, and Erin Lippe, 41, of Lampasas were both arrested for DWI 3rd or more in the 400 block of E. 5th. A 29 yr old Burnet man was taken into custody for Driving with an invalid license/no insurance. A 26 yr old man was arrested for DWI and possession of marijuana under 2 oz at Park and CTE.
- Sunday saw a half dozen animal calls and one accident in the 200 block of E. 2nd. with minor injuries. There was one arrest as a 68 yr old Lampasas man was jailed for DWI 2nd offense at 7:16am.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter over the weekend shows a few animal complaints and a reported assault in Lometa, a few welfare checks and animal complaints in Copperas Cove. Kempner had several reports of shots fired, a few medical calls, a welfare check and several accidents. Out in the county there were a few accidents, a reckless driver reported, a few livestock issues, a dog bite, and a reported trespassing.
- The jail log on Saturday shows Mathew Gilger, 39, of Cedar Park was arrested for DWI w/a child under 15 on board. The jail log on Sunday shows a 30 yr old Coleman man was taken into custody for DWI, and an 18 yr old Kempner man was jailed for resisting arrest and interfering w/ public duties.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. is letting everyone know that they do not call anyone seeking donations. Calls have been made, reportedly from Conroe, seeking donations for firemen. That is a scam. Don’t give anyone personal information or money for the fire department!
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County officially goes back on today at 7pm. We will report any changes to that order which could be made today.